Learn to Swim
About the Program
The Learn to Swim Program provides individuals with a solid foundation of water safety knowledge and skills. We feature a variety of knowledgeable and responsible instructors who create the fun and excitement of our swim lessons.
The Learn to Swim program utilizes state of the art swimming facilities on the University of Minnesota Campus.
- Cooke 10: Warm (83-86 degrees), shallow water (3.5' -5') pool with ramp accessibility [map]
- Cooke 15: Cool (78.8-80 degrees), deep water (12') pool [map]
- Natatorium: Cool (79-81 deg), deep water (7') competition pool [map]
- Diving Well: Warm (80-82 degrees), deep water (12' – 18') pool with 1 meter and 3 meter springboards and platforms [map]
- 8 lane shallow pool: (3.5' - 5'), (81-83 degrees) [map]
Please contact the LTS office for parking related questions.
Note that lessons in the University Aquatic Center (Minneapolis-East Bank campus) will meet every day in the north landing stairwell. You can gain entrance to this stairwell through the doors that are located just south of University Avenue behind the University Ave Parking Ramp.
About Our Instructors
Our instructors are University of Minnesota students. All Learn to Swim instructors receive continual training and are certified in First-Aid, CPR and AED.
How To Register
Online registration is accessible through our website, where you will be able to search for classes by name or by course bar code.
- Once enrolled, participants should be sure to write down their Login ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- To register online, participants will need to create a family account. Each family account needs to include at least one main contact (parent or guardian for children).
- Participants that have been previously enrolled in lessons or youth programs within the last year will aready have an account in the system. For difficulties accessing account information or misplacement of a username or password, please call the Learn to Swim office at 612-625-3794. Please do not create a duplicate account!
- Participants registering online must pay by credit card at the time of registration.
- You may stop by the office on the day of registration from 8-noon where Learn to Swim staff will be available to assist you and answer questions.
- If new to the program, it is recommended that participants familiarize themselves with the website and call the Learn to Swim office with any questions PRIOR to the start of online registration.