Gain valuable experience. Meet great people. Get paid. Have fun!
University Recreation and Wellness (RecWell) prides itself in being one of the largest employers on the University of Minnesota campus. With 6 different program areas, and facilities in Minneapolis and St. Paul, there is surely a spot for you on our team!
RecWell has very high standards for its employees. Each must take part in a number of mandatory trainings before becoming part of the team. All employees must be certified in CPR/AED, Standard First Aid and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Training. Employees that are not currently holding these certifications, classes are provided free of charge upon becoming employed with the department. Specific program areas may require additional training and certifications, so it is suggested to contact the necessary professional staff member prior to applying.
Student employees will develop knowledge about the various programs and opportunities available through the department, and they will also learn about how to best interact with RecWell patrons through a comprehensive customer service orientation.
Hiring is done predominantly just prior to the academic semesters to fill staffing schedules for the terms. Come and join the RecWell team where we strive to live, work, play, and learn on a daily basis. The best job on campus is waiting for you!
Employment opportunities in Recreation and Wellness are available through the Office of Human Resources.
Current openings are listed below:
- • Summer Camp Art Lead - Job ID 315615
- • Summer Camp Rock Wall Leader - Job ID 315620
- • Summer Camp Group Leader (Full-Time) - Job ID 315608
- • Summer Camp Rock Wall Leader (Part-Time) - Job ID 315605
- • Summer Camp Log Rolling Instructor - Job ID 315611
- • Office Assistant - Job ID 315047
Marketing and Communications
- • Graphic Design Intern - Job ID 315931
- • Photo/Video Intern - Job ID 315932
- • Fieldhoure Assistant/Dome Supervisor - Job ID 316097
- • Equipment Room/Gym Attendant - Job ID 316100
- • Group Fitness Program Assistant - Job ID 316103
- • Group Fitness Instructor - Job ID 316101