Want to improve your health and fitness but aren't sure how to get started? Let us help! The RecWell Personal Fitness program is designed with YOU in mind! Take a moment to view the tabs on this page to learn more about our personal training and fitness assessment services.
Personal Training Services
Personal training services are offered at both the University Recreation & Wellness Center in Minneapolis and the St. Paul Gym. Services, which are available to both members and non-members, include individualized exercise programming that combines personal health and fitness goals with laboratory assessment results. Our nationally certified Personal Trainers focus on education, motivation and exercise adherence to assist clientele in enjoying the lifelong benefits of regular physical activity.
Personal training services provide:
- Fitness pre-assessments to track and evaluate body composition, cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility.
- Customized exercise programs to combine your personal health and fitness goals.
- Regular meetings with personal trainer in a one-on-one environment.
- Opportunity to independently continue your exercise program after completion.
Personal Training sessions are offered in packages ranging from 2 to 18 sessions and last up to one hour per session. All training packages include a complimentary pre-training fitness assessment and body composition assessment. By participating in these sessions, you will be able to work closely with a Personal Trainer to reach your individual fitness, health, and performance goals. All Personal Training packages are non-refundable and expire within 6 months of purchase.
- Several package options are available.
- VO2 max assessments are available at an additional, discounted cost to all personal training participants.
|Number of Sessions||Member Rate|
Partner Training sessions are offered in packages ranging from 4 to 18 sessions and last up to one hour per session. Partner Training sessions will allow you and your training partner to work together with a Personal Trainer to reach your fitness, health and performance goals. All training packages include a complementary pre-training fitness assessment and body composition assessment for both partners. All Partner Training packages are non-refundable and expire within 6 months of purchase.Partner Personal Training Sessions
|Number of Sessions||Member Rate|
|4||$90 per person|
|8||$160 per person|
|12||$210 per person|
|18||$270 per person|
Want to train with a group of your co-workers or friends? RecWell now offers a Private Bootcamp class that is available for groups of 3-6 individuals. Classes will be conducted by a Certified Personal Trainer and can involve taking part in a variety of challenging activities such as:
- Kettlebell performance training
- Treadmill conditioning
- Stair climbing
- TRX suspension training
- Olympic lifting
- And more!
Classes are open to all RecWell members.Fees
|8 sessions||$120 per person|
|12 sessions||$150 per person|
|18 sessions||$180 per person|
Our Personal Training program offers a variety of assessments to measure, track and evaluate the following physical components:
- Compare your performance and results to population norms to see how you rank in relation to your peers.
- Uncover imbalances in your overall physical fitness and discuss ways to address those imbalances.
- Track changes over time and monitor your progress towards achieving your individual goals.
Please note that a submaximal bicycle test is used to evaluate cardiovascular fitness in the fitness assessment. A treadmill or bicycle VO2 max assessment may be performed in place of the submaximal assessment for an additional cost.
Body composition refers to the amount of fat mass and fat-free mass that comprise total body mass. The BodPod uses measurements of body volume and mass to precisely calculate amounts of fat and fat-free mass. The BodPod assessment will allow you to:
- Accurately measure body fat percentage – a key metric of overall health and fitness.
- Track changes over time in fat mass and fat-free mass.
- Calculate resting metabolic rate as well as total calories burned per day at four different levels of physical activity.
Under the group assessment structure, we can complete up to 5 assessments in one hour.
Group assessments are offered at a rate of $100 per hour.
If you would like additional information about group assessments, or if you would like to schedule a group assessment, please contact Kevin Widmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An individual BodBod assessment takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
View the BodPod preperation sheet before attending your assessment.