Minneapolis Climbing Gym
The Minneapolis climbing wall is 33 feet in height with over 3,200 square feet of climbing surface. Additionally, there is 1,000 SQ. ft. of bouldering wall space.
Please note that bouldering will be available starting July 29th, 2020 and the climbing wall remains closed until further notice.
Climbing Gym COVID-19 Operation Updates
- Every climber needs to sign up for a Semester Climbing Pass online - there will be no in person pass sales.
- Only those with a Semester Climbing Pass will be able to climb - day passes are not available.
- Climbers are encouraged to sign up for a climbing time slot in advance of coming to the Gym to guarantee that they will be able to climb.
- Climbers who arrive 15 minutes late to their registered time will forfeit their climbing time.
- If the climbing gym is not at capacity, climbers will be allowed in on a first come, first served basis.
- Climbers will need to provide their own climbing shoes if desired. Given the limited quantity of rental shoes and the time required to sanitize them, we are unable to provide rental shoes at this time.
- Climbers are expected to follow the following hygiene and sanitation guidelines:
- If you have a fever, or any other symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the Climbing Gym
- Wash your hands before and after your climbing session
- Wear a mask while in the Climbing Gym when not actively climbing
- Use hand sanitizer before attempting a climb
- Maintain 9 feet of physical distance between other people in the facility
- Consider using liquid chalk with at least 60% alcohol content
The Outdoor Program cares about your health and is implementing the following measures in response to COVID -19
- Limiting capacity to 10 climbers at a time
- Requiring physical distancing
- Having all climbers wear a mask or face covering in the Climbing Gym
- Encouraging hand washing and providing hand sanitizer for climbers
- Limiting climbing to only bouldering eliminates the high touch and hard to clean surfaces of rope and auto belay webbing from contacting a climber’s face
- Lower route density to promote spatial separation while climbing
- Increased frequency of route turnover to keep holds cleaner and fresher
- Increased frequency of sanitizing high touch surfaces such as door knobs and railings
- Reducing in person sales to essential items only
St. Paul Gym Climbing Wall
The SPG Climbing Wall is available for Open Bouldering starting August 3rd, 2020.
All climbers must have either a current Semester Climbing Pass at the URWC Climbing Gym or sign up online in advance for a free Saint Paul Gym Bouldering Pass. This pass must be renewed each semester
- Climbing capacity is reduced to 4 climbers at a time to comply with physical distancing guidelines
- If the climbing wall is at capacity, come back later
- Be respectful of other users and limit your climbing time to 1 hour or less
- Family Day Climbing is cancelled
St. Paul Climbing Wall
Open bouldering is available at St. Paul during regular building opens. The wall features over 900 square feet of climbing surface, equipped with five top ropes and reaches 25 feet high.