We’re happy to announce that the Governor’s Executive Order has been updated to allow pools to safely reopen! Beginning January 4, 2021, the Mpls RecWell Center’s pool reopened with limited lap swim hours; the St. Paul Gym pool reopened January 11, 2021 with limited lap swim hours. Reservations are required.
There are a few changes to our procedures for lap swim, so please read them carefully and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Follow the signs in the RecWell Center lobby to pick up your “Swim Pass,” which will show your reservation time.
- Show your Swim Pass at the front desk to gain entry, no need to swipe or use your app to enter.
- Give your Swim Pass to the lifeguard on duty, who will then direct you to an open lane.
- Your mask must be worn at all times until you are at the side of the pool ready to enter the water.
- A basket will be provided at your lane to store your mask and any other belongings you bring with you. Note: Locker room showers will be available beginning at noon on January 4th.
Swimmers will only be allowed in the pool area at their designated reservation time. There will be a 15 minute transition time between swims to allow for current patrons to exit and the next patrons to enter.
RecWell has four aquatic facilities that serve the University of Minnesota community through events, programming, and open recreational opportunities.
- Jean K. Freeman Aquatics Center
- Natatorium (Deep Water)
- Diving Well (Deep Water)
- Cooke 10 Pool (Shallow Water)
- Cooke 15 Pool (Deep Water)
- St. Paul Pool (Shallow Water)