The Learn to Swim Program provides individuals with a solid foundation of water safety knowledge and skills. Instructors are University of Minnesota Students that are certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED. The program features a variety of knowledgeable and responsible instructors who create the fun and excitement of our swim lessons.
New Lesson Procedures For COVID-19
There are new lesson procedures based on guidelines from Minnesota Department of Health, the Center for Disease Control, and the American Red Cross. These ensure staff, participants, and families can have swimming lessons in a safe manner.
- Staff, parents, and all lesson particiants will be required to wear masks when on deck. Participants can only remove their mask immediately before entering the water.
- Preschool Levels1-3 and Youth Levels1-3 will require parents to be in the water with their children in order to reduce contact between participants and instructors.
- Offerings will be reduced each hour in order to promote physical distancing in the pool. We will offer four classes each hour so that individuals in lessons are able to to spread out and we are able to have an open lane in between each class.
- Only one parent per child will be allowed on deck in order to ensure physical distancing and to reduce the number of individuals in the pool area. No additional family members will be allowed at this time.
- Lap swim will not be offered at the same time as lessons in order to reduce the number of individuals in the pool area.
- There will be 30 minutes in between each lesson to ensure sufficient amount of time for patrons to clear the deck and enter the locker rooms before the next group comes in.
- All participants will be screened for symptoms prior to entry and will sign a waiver stating that they do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Please direct any questions to our Learn to Swim office by emailing: [email protected] or by phone: 612-625-3794