Update to Face Mask Requirement
Effective March 21, 2022, masks are no longer required indoors in University Recreation and Wellness facilities.
Individuals may continue to wear masks at any time, and in any location, as a matter of personal protection. The RecWell community will continue to respect and honor the choices of all individuals who feel more comfortable wearing a mask, are immunocompromised, or who are taking additional steps to protect their families or others.
Learn about the University’s updated Face Mask Protocol.
Cleaning and Safety Precautions:
- Fitness equipment is wiped down at regular intervals by staff and cleaning wipes are available for members to use.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facilities.
- Our HVAC (ventilation) system runs 24/7 to provide additional ventilation.
- Regular play is allowed and reservations are no longer required for all sports including, but not limited to, basketball, volleyball, racquetball, squash, and more.
- Equipment is available for rent at the Equipment Rooms.
- The Climbing Gym no longer requires reservations and has lifted limits on the number of participants in the space.
- Advanced registration is no longer required.
Fitness Machines and Equipment:
- Exercise machines have been relocated to efficiently utilize space and provide convenient workouts for members.
- Functional equipment, such as resistance bands and yoga mats, no longer require check-out and are available throughout the fitness centers.
- Stretching mats are available throughout the facilities.
- Saunas and steam rooms are available once again, effective March 21, 2022.
- Drinking fountains and water bottle filling stations are open.
- Towel service is available at the locker rooms.
- Day lockers are available for rent.
- Sponsored Day Passes/Guest passes are available for purchase.
- Massage therapy is available.
- Bodpod assessments are available.
- Family Day Passes on Sundays.