Know Before You Go
- No prior climbing experience is needed to use the gym
- First time users will receive an orientation and training that covers all of the key things you need to know to climb at the URWC Gym
- Climbers may bring their own climbing equipment, but for those that need it, we provide climbing shoes and harnesses at no additional cost
- Our staff are always happy to answer your questions - just ask!
- If you have advice (beta, in climbing lingo) about how to climb a route you see another climber attempting, ask them if they want the beta first.
- There's no one "right" way to climb - as the climber Alex Lowe said, "the best climber in the world is the one having the most fun."
Climbing Gym Passes
A pass is needed to participate in climbing or bouldering. Purchase A Climbing Pass.
Valid entrance to the University Recreation and Wellness Center (URWC) is required to use the climbing wall. Non-Members should stop at the Member Services Desk to gain access to the climbing wall.
|Semester Pass||$55 ($33 mid-semester)|
|Daily Pass (members)||$12|
|Daily Pass (non-members)||$17|