If you have an eligible insurance plan, you are able to receive a monthly reimbursement for active participation. Visit a RecWell facility at least the monthly minimum required by your insurance company, and enjoy a $20 reimbursement to your checking or savings account each month you make your visits.
If you are a University of Minnesota graduate student on the Blue Cross Blue Shield Graduate Assistant Health Plan, please contact the Office of Student Health Benefits at 612-624-0627 before enrolling.
To be eligible for a gym reimbursement you must:
- Be a current University Recreation and Wellness member
- Have an eligible medical health insurance with Medica (Uplan Medica members select Medica), Health Partners, Preferred One, or Minnesota UCare
Note: Members who pay student service fees for access to RecWell are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Enrollment is completed online by clicking on New RecWell Member Sign Up
- Note: you will be redirected to an authorized 3rd party site
- When asked to enter a Fitness Center Barcode, please enter your UMN ID#
- RecWell will keep track of your visits to our facilities.
- Visit RecWell facilities throughout each month to meet the minimum requirement set by your insurance plan (number of visits required varies by insurance type).
- Only one visit per day counts toward your monthly total.
- Reimbursements are deposited monthly into your checking or savings account at the end of the following month.
- View your visits by logging onto shoprecwell.umn.edu with your UofM ID (Single Sign-On) > Click your name in the upper right corner > Select “profile” > Select “Facilities” on the left hand side > View “Access history
- Visits are viewable for the last 30 days.
You can update your account any time after signing up (ie banking information, last name, address, etc.) by clicking on the Returning RecWell Member.
Note: you will be redirected to an authorized 3rd party site
If you have questions about the status of your reimbursement, how to reactivate your account as a returning member, or anything else related to gym reimbursements, contact Margie Sanders at 612-625-1548 or [email protected]
Wellbeing Program Points
UPlan insurance holders can also use visits to RecWell to earn points toward saving money on insurance premiums.
For questions about the Wellbeing Program and your points, please visit humanresources.umn.edu/wellbeingprogram